Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Teaching Children the Value of Saving and Earning Money

My daughter, who at the age of two years, is somehow aware of the idea of saving money. She has four coin banks, which she call birdhouses, and two of them are already full. I made a new coin bank for her and she has started to put some coins on it. Everytime we jokingly tell her to buy an ice cream and get some money from her coin bank, she would instantly say "No! No! No!". I am so glad that her purpose of asking money from me, my husband and my mother-in-law, is to put it inside her coin bank. I came across www.gomestic.com where I found a post on Five Money-Making Ideas for Kids. It is a good idea to teach children, as early as possible, how to earn money for it will mold them to become entrepreneurs when they get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear from you . . . .