Thursday, July 03, 2008

Wordpress vs. Smorty

My first blogging site with Wordpress earned $30 from Smorty – a paid blogging site which pays $6 for every approved article. Smorty gave me five projects which were all approved and that’s how I earned $30 in just three weeks. Earning with Smorty was however short lived for that Wordpress account was deleted. Before it was deleted or suspended though, I posted articles about how I earned money through paid blogging with Mylot - another paid blogging site- and put several links from Mylot to Wordpress. With this links, my site visitors increased and when I checked where did they come from or where they were linked, I found out that most of them come from mylot. Then after a while, the administrator of Wordpress warned me to first remove the link in one of my articles to a paid blogging site, I know he was referring to my Smorty article. So I removed the link and bought even a domain name from using the money which I earned from Smorty. After that I asked the administrator to take away the warning for I have removed the link anyway. But instead, he demanded me to delete the article itself. But since it is prohibited under the Smorty rules to delete any approved articles after being paid, I did not delete my Smorty article. It was then that my Wordpress account was deleted. Had I known that my account would be deleted, I would have not wasted my money buying a domain name with Wordpress. I should have made a thorough research before I decided to buy that domain name. Anyway, it’s one of the treasured lessons I learned in this whole blogging stuffs. The experience may be depressing but that will never stop me from blogging.