Tuesday, September 23, 2008

TREATING ME OUT

I am a kind of person who has an enthusiasm to make an extra effort to taste something new. Trying something new go hand in hand with my being adventurous, and it doesn’t bother me even if there is a need to exploit my taste buds – of course, safety precautions are always at the forefront even before my salivary glands start to function, or to have my mental capacity tested and be in great danger of being buried to shameful ground. Everytime a chance of traveling to other places comes my way, be it within the region or somewhere in the hinterlands, what comes first on my itinerary is always to look for dining spots which are totally new and different from the fast-food type restaurants which I usually frequent. I am more smitten to romance with eating places that are ready to offer exotic carte du jour – not erotic menus, and a place which can satisfy my lust for fresh, juicy, and delicious foods. I look for sumptuous dishes as a special treat to my non finicky palate. My search for good food often lead me dine-in at some unpopular restaurants that more often than not serve not satiable and poor tasting foods. My desire to try new tastes usually result in eating poor tasting foods. That’s because, my choice of food is usually relied on those artfully and beautifully presented foods in the menu card which is part of the restaurant’s good marketing strategies – a process that lets the company concentrate its limited resources on the greatest opportunities to increase sales and achieve a sustainable advantage. A good marketing strategy is supposedly centered on the company’s overarching mission statement, that is, to focus around on key concept of full customer satisfaction. A marketing strategy becomes more effective when it is an integral component of corporate strategy, defining how the company will successfully engage customers, prospects, and competitors in the market arena. It is partially derived from broader corporate strategies, corporate missions, and corporate goals. Admittedly, good marketing strategy can me dine at the lousiest restaurant and can make eat the worst tasting food. That’s probably how I directly respond to their various strands of dynamic and interactive marketing strategies – be it advertising, internet marketing, promotions, public relations or direct marketing. It doesn’t mean though that having been lured to waste money for lousy foods in terrible restaurants for one time will make me go back to those places again - that will be plain stupidity on my part perhaps if I will do it for the second or third time. I don’t understand why many restaurant owners focus mainly in good marketing as a way of increasing their revenue and sales when there are other and better ways to attract and lure more customers. Why not they think well of using series of marketing strategies and at the same time offer good products and best services that will surely establish repeat customers, and in the end weaken their market competitors.