Friday, January 02, 2009

The New Gaisano Mall

This may not be a big mall but this certainly changed image of our place. I am posting this blog not for the purpose of promoting this new mall. The place or lot where this mall stands now used to be the Republic Cinema owned by the Chapmans (aunt of my father). My father and his siblings lived in a modest house behind the Republic Cinema for a couple of years. It is in that place where they grew up and had the fondest memories. The place molded them to be what they are now. My father and his siblings grew up watching movies (English movies to be precise) and that's how they got that english twang that they have now. I'm so sad that my father has no more opportunity to see the place again. That how things and life change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear from you . . . .