Monday, February 09, 2009

I love to cook empanadas and here's what I made. I have been in search for a better recipe than the one I have been using because it wasn't not as flaky as I want it to be. I hope this recipe which I got from www.recipezaar.com will be better. have a taste of my empanada! EMPANADA Ingredients Flaky Dough 4 cups flour 3 egg yolks, beaten 2 tablespoons sugar 1/4 teaspoon salt 2/3 cup water Filling 1/2 kg ground pork 4 potatoes, diced 1/2 cup raisins 1/4 cup lard 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon msg 1 chopped onion 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish 1 cup boiled minced garbanzo beans 1/2 cup water salt and pepper Directions 1Mix beaten eggs, water, salt and sugar and mix well. 2Add this to the flour and knead well until very smooth. 3Let rest for 10-15 minutes. 4Roll on board slightly dusted with cornstarch until very thin. 5With pork lard brush surface thoroughly. 6Start rolling tightly as jelly roll. 7Cut very fine around 2 mm. 8Set aside. 9On the same dough, pinch a portion and make as many as the ojadre (the rolled one) put the ojadre on top of the small ones, brush with melted lard, cover with banan leaf as thin as posible to a round form. 10Put 1 tbsp filling in the center, put 1 sliced of hard boiled eggs, form the empanada, as turnover, flute the edges and fry in deep hot fat until golden brown. 11To prepare filling: heat lard, add garlic, onions and ground pork. 12Cook for a while. 13Add diced potatoes and all the ingredients, cook until all ingredients are tender. 14Season to taste. 15Add 4 tbsp flour, stir very welll until all ingredients have blended. 16Let cook until ready to use

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear from you . . . .