Thursday, July 31, 2008

I SAVED P1,495.00 FOR MY EYEGLASSES

I am the kind of person who admittedly is perfectly careless when it comes to eyewear care. I have lost my count on the number of contact lenses lost and eyeglasses lost. Just this year – and take note, there are five more months before the year is over, I have changed my eyeglasses for six times already. Ironically, I don’t lose much of my shades. My husband has been complaining about the frequent change of my glasses and so, he suggested that I should not be buying expensive ones. Yesterday, I went to five different optical shops to look for the cheapest eyeglasses and the cheapest eyeglasses frame was P1,300.00 and the cost of the lens was P400.00. It was a good thing that I didn’t immediately buy for I found a cheaper eyeglasses frame in a local department store – those sold in local Chinese stores are even cheaper - which was exactly the same with one the frames sold for P1,600.00 in one of the optical shops. I bought the frame for only P105.00 – I saved 1,495.00 for that. Then, I went to my Optometrist friend who gave me a P100.00 discount for the frame. In other words, the total cost of my new eyeglasses was only P405.00. From now on, I will just buy an eyeglasses frame from a department store and have it lensed in the optical shops to save more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear from you . . . .