Thursday, August 21, 2008

Jewelry: Every Woman's Bestfriend

If I would be given a chance to splurge on something, without doubt, I would choose to gorge on, no other thing except, beautiful pieces of jewelries. That came to my mind when I chanced upon to visit a jewelry shop yesterday while I was leisurely walking along the busy streets of our city’s downtown area. Beautiful pieces and sets of jewelries were carefully displayed by the shop’s owner and storekeeper. The seemingly pricey jewelry items forced me to conclude that the shop’s inventory will not be lesser than ten million. With that amount in my mind, I wondered why there was only one security guard. It’s none of my damn business anyway.
Jewelries are good form of investment as they appreciate in time. Its monetary value increases as it gets older. In other words, vintage pieces of jewelry become pricey as time goes on. It also becomes a priceless possession when handed down from one generation to another. This reminds me of a friend whose spinster maternal aunt handed down, before she joined the Creator, all her vintage jewelries to her and all her girl cousins. They were all cautioned by their Aunt never to sell those jewelries specially that those jewelries were originally owned by her grandmother. The beautiful jewelry set – earrings, necklace and ring - given to my friend is one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear from you . . . .